Thursday, October 30, 2008

Blessings

I have so many blessings and happy things to share with you! This week, though it's been very busy, and wrought with major decisions, has also been full of blessings and God's workings.

First of all, I am now a buisness owner! After much pondering, we have decided to open up my private practice. This is coming after a week of very painful decisions and seeking of God's will. I was offered a wonderful job opportunity last week that sent me into a tailspin. I've been wearing my family and friends out for their advice and prayers on what to do. I finally asked God on Sunday to speak very plainly about what I should do. Monday was full of his overwhelming answer. Within hours of each other, I got a call that the job offer was not going to be as good for our family as we originally thought, that my position in Grand Prairie would not continue after Christmas and my builder in Granbury called to say that he could set me up with a small office, for half of my original price, including a month to month lease. It became very clear to us that God was trying to tell me to step out on faith and start my practice.

So, I've signed all the papers and have already placed an ad, for what from now on will be the Agape Family Center. The Center will provide individual, group and family therapy, play therapy, parent training and more to the children and families of Hood County and beyond. Thanks for all of your prayers and support, I'm so blessed to have such great family and friends who continue to seek God's will for my life.

Now for a blessing list of things I'm thankful for this week:
1. Brian, he has been unswerving in his support for me and desire for me to succeed in my career.
2. Feeling the presence of God so close to me this week. I literally feel like as I'm walking he's holding my hands above me, leading every step.
3. Email and text messaging. Monday was full of communication with my family & friends deciding what to do. Love living in the 21st century!
4. My new doctor in Granbury, she's a Christian, is super sweet and has a great plan to help my infertility.
5. Thursday night TV & the premiere of 30 Rock
6. Sonic Rt. 44 Vanilla Diet Cokes half off during Happy Hour
7. The warm sunny days and the chilly, starry nights here in Granbury.
8. The Beth Moore, Psalms of Ascent class I'm going to on Wednesday nights.
9. My new curtains and mirror in my dining room, and again my sweet husband for helping hang them up!
10. FALL!! Complete with 1/2 off decorations at Hobby Lobby, high school football (Brian's 10 year High School reunion tomorrow) & an 80's Costume Party with our Bible Class Saturday! (80's and Costume Party are consequently two of my all-time FAVORITE words, so you can guess how pumped I am about that!)

I really have felt so at peace about everything going on in my life right now. For the first time in a long time, I'm not worried about when I will be pregnant again. I don't know when it will happen again, but I feel so blessed to have been pregnant this year at all, it was a special gift that my Father gave to me. I'm not worried about the future and I feel so safe having God so close.

Isaiah 40: 29&31
He gives strength to the weary and increases the power of the weak. Those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint.


Here's some pics of the dining room curtains and some of my fall decorations!

I haven't hemmed them yet, but they're beautiful to look at until then! Look carefully at the dining room table. This is the emptiest it will EVER be. It's right by the garage door, so it becomes our dumping ground when we walk in.



I love my pumpkin!


6 comments:

A Blessed Wife and Mom said...

Oooooo - girl - you're pumpkin is cute!!! I have a grapevine one very similar to that one that I love!

I loved your thankful list! (I'm certainly down with #6 :)

Congrats on your new business!! I'm so excited for you and hope that this new endeavor will be all you hoped for and more!

Andrea said...

Everything that Heather said and then some! I absolutely LOVE when people share with me specific ways that God is working in their lives, and His way in yours is certainly unmistakable! Enjoy the Psalms study--it's wonderful! And please continue to write about the way God is leading you to help so many people in Hood County--how blessed they are to have you!

Andrea said...

By the way, Darcy and I both got a kick out of your comment on my "Spelling Bee" entry. I was praising Peyton a couple of days ago on her spelling test (100%, baby!) and especially on her correctly spelling the word "mischief." She said, "Oh, mischief is EASY! You just spell "mis" and "chief" (which, when spoken aloud, would make you think it was spelled "misschief," but I digress . . . anyway, I said, "Yes, but I know PLENTY of adults who misspell "chief" all the time by writing--you guessed it, "C-H-E-I-F." Stupid phonics indeed!

Leilanni said...

Yay for your new business, Amy!! I am so happy for you and can't wait to see how God keeps working in your life!!

Maggie said...

so glad that you have made your decision... i think its awesome! congrats!

Sheila Fairly said...

Hi Amy, I was so blessed by reading your blog this morning...thankfullness is contagious so thank you for sharing your joy.
I am thrilled about your new business. God's timing and wisdom is so good. His peace and presence in your life is evident.
Great decor...when you come for our ladies night, bring your tape measure and some fabric! :0)
Love, Sheila