Tuesday, November 4, 2008

My very own Jordan Knight

Saturday night we had our Bible class's 80's costume party. I've been looking forward to this for weeks, Brian, on the other hand, dreaded it for weeks. And of course, his lack of choice in costume, allowed me to choose for him. I still had spare 80's stuff from the New Kids concert. So, I brilliantly decided that he should go as Jordan Knight (consequently my fave New Kid), and I would go as his groupie. I got him all dressed up in his duds and took his picture, then printed those pics and put them into buttons. They turned out great! Here's some pics of me and my very own Jordan Knight. (I think he really had fun, AND we won the most creative costume award!! Whoohoo!)
Our group pic, you can barely see me, but oh well!

I can't help myself, he's sooo hot!!

My very own Jordan Knight

He really got into it!
My buttons





Okay, I love this man. And let me tell you why. In the last five years in our marriage, I've seen him triumph and fail. But nothing has stopped him from loving me and loving our God. He is constantly acting as the spiritual leader in our family, which I appreciate so much. He tells me he loves me constantly, scratches my back every night before I go to sleep and is working very hard to support me in starting my private practice. This month has been hard for several different reasons, and today it kind of culminated with me bawling. I see now that our relationship has gotten so strong because he just held me while I cried, he didn't try to fix it or tell me that I shouldn't be upset. He is my very best friend, he is my most trusted confidant, my sweet husband. Today I realized that God has blessed me with the one person who will never judge me, will always consider me first, will always be there for me and no matter who comes and goes, will be steadfast in his devotion to me. I love my man!!

8 comments:

Lori said...

You and Brian are awesome!!!!
Congratulations on your own practice!! You are amazing!
Love you!

Kristen Ballard said...

How SWEET! Y'all look awesome- how fun. Sorry you had to miss the reunion dinner Saturday, but glad I finally got to meet you!!

Rachel said...

AMY!!!
Why so sad, friend!?!? I thought you were feeling good about things right now!?!?!

LOVE the pics of Brian. Been waiting to post mine til you posted yours. :)

Andrea said...

Amy, this post encapsulates one of the many things I love about you--even when you're down, you're UP! Your unfailingly positive outlook on everything is so refreshing and inspiring and just makes me smile!! You and Brian together are simply perfection and I wish for the millionth time that you didn't have to go away so quickly after our arrival. You are wonderful!

Jake and Tanya Wilson said...

Great great great pictures! :o)
Love you!

Jami said...

Can I just say you and Brian were awesome at the party and I have had more people comment on how glad they were about the size of the party because they got to see how funny you are and had a great time just because they got to know you and Brian better.

Jami Hamrick

Maggie said...

Creamy is the best!!!!!

Becca said...

these pictures are awesome!! I can't believe you got him to dress up as Jordan! He looks just like him in some of those poses!!!

I LOVE IT!