Friday, October 10, 2008

Fun with Bunnies

Last weekend while I was in Canton, Brian brought home 3 new additions to our little family. Yes, I agreed to it, I know some of you are thinking, "Amy, you can't complain about this because you brought it upon yourself". And I just want to let you know, I hear you, and I'm still probably going to complain about the smell and the poo. So, Brian brought home 3 bunnies. More like, rabbits. Like the kind that they pull out of magic hats, though they have creepy red eyes that scare the begeezus out of me. One is a male, two are females, who Brian so wonderfully informed me are both knocked up. So, even though I'm dying to be a mother, it looks like I'm going to be a grandmother first. Super. I don't know the first thing about birthing baby bunnies. But at least I'm hoping their super-fertility will rub off on me!
So, without further ado, let me introduce you to:
FLOPSY (surrounded by his two new best friends)





MOPSY
And COTTONTAIL


Needless to say, the bunnies have gotten a lot of attention. Lewis just wants to be near them non-stop. They always stay in their cages, but Flopsy (the boy) gets to have his cage on the grass when we're home. So Lewis likes to lay next to him and watch him. We got Gracie again last night, and she's just down right obsessed with them. She cried for 30 minutes last night when we went to bed because she wanted to be out with them. And our neighbor dog, Emma, Lewis's girlfriend, comes over all the time to hang out in our little stockyard.




Today we're having the "Bobcat Man" come over and scrape the back half of our lot so we can lay out grass and form flowerbeds, build a fire pit, patio and gazebo. So, Brian and I were out surveying the lot and laying out stakes for Bobcat Man. Usually the dogs are at our heels chasing the millions of rocks that are the reason for our inability to mow and thus our weedfest in the backyard. But they were so into the rabbits, they didn't even care what we were doing.



Here's before pictures of our backyard. I really regret not having a catalogue of before/after pics of our last house since we did so much work to it. So, we are making sure we do that with this house. Though, there's not much to do, thankfully. And I threw in a picture of our front yard too since so many have asked me about it.



WEEDFEST '08!


For those who've stuck with this ridiculously long post to the bitter end, I'm taking a poll and need your votes. I've been debating on whether or not to paint our bedroom and other rooms in the house. I'm not painting the living/dining/kitchen area because it's all one big room and already a great color. But the rest of the house is the same color, on the walls, and ceilings. It's pretty and I don't mind it (I love art and bright colored curtains as you can tell), but also don't want to be boring. So, vote please...to paint or not to paint??

5 comments:

Jake and Tanya Wilson said...

PAINT!
But thats only because I love color too! I'll come help even. :o)

Anonymous said...

Yeah, you know your dad. If the paint is still okay, why bother? However, you are much younger, so I say do what you gotta do. My big question is, why the heck didn't you ask for our input before you got three rabbits, soon to be 300 rabbits? Are you kidding me? Seriously??

Andrea said...

I'm with your dad--what was Brian thinking?? But then, if he hadn't gotten three rabbits then you couldn't have named them Flopsy, Mopsy and Cottontail and I have to say, I think that's so cute!

LOVE the photos of your house--it's no wonder it's your dream home! As for whether or not to paint, hmmm . . . I am just not the person to ask! You sound like you could go either way so the good news is, you'll be happy no matter what!

Anonymous said...

It's Wabbit Season!

I've been wanting to post and this gives me an opportunity to say...
1) LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the curtains!
2) To paint, or not to paint...that is the question...?! Whether 'tis nobler to leave well enough alone, or "GO FOR IT"!
and lastly...
3) BEWARE OF THE MAMMA BUNNIES! I'm speaking from experience as a child...our mamma bunny delivered several tiny babies and she decided they would make a tasty lunch!!! This happened on more than one occasion...so my parents got "rid" of Mamma Bunny! Good luck!

Mindy said...

YOU HAVE RABBITS? What in the world? What prompted Brian to get rabbits? I've got to bring the kiddos over, they will go nuts.

I say paint!