Monday, October 6, 2008

Some wonderful things...

This weekend I got the wonderful opportunity to go away for the weekend with some new friends. A few of the girls in my class at our church in Granbury invited me to go to Tyler for the weekend for the sole purpose of relaxing AND shopping in Canton! I had such a fabulous time with these girls and I am so blessed for my new friends!!


And for another wonderful thing...I finished my kitchen curtains!! Yay!! I'm really happy with the way they turned out, since I have never made any curtains like this before! Brian was a little unsure, he didn't know those qualified as curtains since they weren't long. I guess we learn something new every day! Enjoy the pics of my kitchen, I'm super excited!!


4 comments:

Andrea said...

So pretty! I love everything about your kitchen, as a matter of fact! Were you using a pattern or did you just measure, cut and sew? Curtains like those would look good in my breakfast nook!

amy said...

Thanks Andrea! I knew I wanted valence type curtains, so Rachel's mom taught me how to do it. She cut them the length I wanted, we lined them and then it was just pinning and straight sewing. It was super easy! I'd love to help ya!!

Maggie said...

I love love love your house. its so pretty. you guys must come to homecoming- we are dying to see yall.

Emily said...

Hey! I just found your blog through Maggie's today. Your kitchen looks awesome! :)