Saturday, October 11, 2008

The Clean Dream Team

I'm not so much of a "deep" cleaner. Actually, I'm not much of a cleaner. Word of caution, if you show up to my house unannounced, beware that there will be a layer of dog hair coating the floor, cobwebs in every corner, and dust on every piece of furniture. But, I am obsessed with dishes, I love doing them (weird huh?), so you will probably not see a dish in my sink.
Today was my deep clean day. I got tired of "spot" mopping. Bec taught me this art form when we lived together in college and I've tried to perfect it ever since. But today was the day for the mopping. I HATE HATE DOUBLE HATE mopping. But in Canton, Heather told me about the Swiffer Wet Jet. She said it makes mopping wayyy easier. Today was also the day for the shower to be cleaned. I HATE HATE DOUBLE HATE cleaning the shower, (really the whole bathroom). My mom told me about the Mr. Clean Magic Reach and that it changed her life in bathroom cleaning.
So yesterday I packed into Walmart and purchased what would soon change my life in regards to house cleaning forever. May I introduce you to, the Clean Dream Team:
Dottie Dyson, Slick Swiffy and Baldy McClean
We got Dottie when we lived in our last house. It got old really fast using two different floor tools to clean carpet, hardwood and tile. It was the best investment in a cleaning tool we've ever spent.

A close second is Slick Swiffy. Thanks Heather for telling me about him! He's given me new hope in clean floors!


And Mom, I LOVED LOVED LOVED Baldy McClean! Sweet Goodness did my shower look fantastic after I was done!


Welp, that's what I did today! Hope everyone had a great Saturday!!

3 comments:

Andrea said...

Man, can I relate! Because of my back problems I can't do a lot of deep cleaning--I specialize in clutter. My m-i-l has a saying (I'm not sure if it's original or not): "If you're coming to see my house, make an appointment. If you're coming to see me, come right ahead!" I try to live like that now.

I have the plain ol' Swiffer Wet (not the Wet Jet) and have wondered if it was worth the upgrade. Our entire downstairs is almost entirely hardwood and ceramic tile and I, too, get tired of spot cleaning. Also, I just invested something like $5 in a can of the Lysol Scrubbing Bubbles "Mega Shower" or something like that that you spray in your shower but I wasn't overly impressed. How do you use the Magic Reach?

A Blessed Wife and Mom said...

Awesome! I'm glad to hear your cleaning has gotten easier...it's such a yucky job - I don't know why we make it so hard on ourselves!

amy said...

Hey Andrea! I don't know much about the Swiffer Wet, but I would say it is worth the upgrade!
The Magic Reach is a scrubbing head that can be attached or not to a pole that has different lengths. It comes with several types of scrubbing and mopping pads. I used the scrubbing pad on my shower and it worked awesome. you just wet it with warm water and it was tough enough for serious scrub action! I would get it, I think it was about $10!