Monday, October 20, 2008

Hangin Tough, 1987 to "Summertime" 2008

So, last night I got the insanely awesome opportunity to go to the New Kids on the Block concert! I'm not ashamed at all to say that I am an enormous BLOCKHEAD. I've loved them since the third grade. I had the sleeping bag, the pillowcase, the buttons, the sleepshirt, and the People magazine. The 1991 People magazine that they were on the cover of. I got into a fight with the KMART cashier when I bought it. She said that New Kids weren't going to last much longer, and I not so respectfully told her that she was stupid and they were bigger than the Beatles. Or had she not been reading up on her TIGERBEAT?! My mom embarrassedly dragged me out of the store. So here's to you girls, ages 25-35, you moms who let your daughters drool hopelessly over these boys, to the Kmart cashier wherever you are, our boys are back, and man do they still got the right stuff! I'll be loving them FOREVER!

Rachel, Kara, Manda and me, rockin our New Kids shirts

Oh my gosh, are we the cutest sisters EVER?? As adults, we're best friends. When we were little, New Kids was pretty much the only thing besides God and the same parents that we had in common.



The five of us at House of Blues (thanks for the discount Holly!)



Manda and Me basking in our concert high in Victory Park



Ooohhhh, they're still sooooo good!!


There's the boys, singin in a circle in the middle of a mob of screaming girls my age acting 15 years younger.


The final bow after an Encore of Step by Step and Hangin Tough

I've got some video that I tried to post, but it took FOREVER to upload. So, if someone wants to see video, tell me an easier way to put it on here than just uploading it through blogger!

3 comments:

GlitteryKitchenTable said...

I am SO So SO jealous!!!!! Looks like you guys had a blast!! :)

A Blessed Wife and Mom said...

Looks like an awesome night...you guys looked so great! Thanks for posting - my Tigerbeat subscription has run out and I had no idea what was up with NKOTB! You're my new source for "all things rad!"

Rachel said...

It was the bomb!!! I am so glad we got to do this!!! I am loving those NKOTB boys forever!!!! Check out my post too...I have an ode to each.