Saturday, October 25, 2008

My Fun Friday!

Yesterday I got to spend the entire day with my best friend Rebecca, her sweet baby Hadley and the rest of the Ellis family (who let me crash their family night). Rebecca and I roomed together senior year in college and have been friends for almost ten years. I also grew up with a ton of good-looking, Christian men that I always tried to set up with my friends. Bec was no different, I knew of one of my friends that was just perfect for her. But when we tried to set them up, the timing didn't work out. The night Brian and I got back from our honeymoon, we were shocked to find out my bridesmaid Becca and my usher Marcus were on their first date! Seems they struck up some conversation during the reception, and my prediction was correct!

Now Marcus and Becca, two of my best friends, are married and live in Memphis. Becca and I have been through so much in our friendship: boy drama, sickness, family problems, marriage, grad school, careers and now parenthood. Marcus and Bec have a beautiful baby girl, Hadley Rene, who is the most fun, happy little thing you could meet. At first, I thought she looked like her Daddy, and I still do, from the nose, up. But Hadley's smile is all her Mommy's. She has a beautiful smile that lights up the room and brings everyone joy.


I am so blessed to have a friend like Rebecca. I love our talks, whether they be about the little stuff like sno cones and Christmas music, or big stuff like relationship problems and career decisions, Bec always listens, is always concerned and is always there with great advice and strong support. I love you so much Rebecca and I can't wait to come see you in November!!

Here's some pictures of yesterday:






5 comments:

Andrea said...

When did Hadley get so BIG???!!! She was just born yesterday, wasn't she?! She is so cute! I'm so happy that you had such a wonderful day with the Ellises--not that I'm surprised!

Maggie said...

so fun- Bec is the greatest!

Becca said...

Amy, you are so sweet. Thank you so much for all the sweet words. I love you so much and had a lot of fun getting to hang out. It had been so long but it was nice to be able to pick up right where we left off.
I LOVE YOU TONS!!!!!!!

Emily Burns said...

Hey! I'm a firster to your blog! Cute! Hey can you send me the pics of me and Amanda from that night? You know the ones i'm talking about!!!! Emily@woodlandwest.org!!

Maggie said...

hey we are not going to make it this weekend. Maisy is sick and we are afriad to travel with her like this. I hate that i am not going to get to see you, but since we are moving to the metro we will have tons of time to catch up. Love ya- mags