Monday, November 10, 2008

Waise the Woof!!

This weekend we went to Austin to hang out with the Kennedys! It was so much fun! I've been there a few times this year, but Brian hadn't been back since we spent New Years with them. We had a total blast! The girls attached onto Brian, which he was just a big softie for them. Mindy and I laughed at how he's going to be a big mushy puddle if he ever has any daughters!
Brian and Mackenzie
We hung out at their house on Friday night, complete with pizza, porch time and go fish! Before the kids went to bed, we played a few hundred rounds of go fish-kennedy style. After I got the hang of the rules, it was so much fun! Of course, everyone won, which resulted in a "raise the roof", which the girls called "waise the woof". It was hilarious!
Saturday we were really busy. After a bowl of Captain Crunch Berries and some episodes of XMEN from the 80s, we were out and about. We went to Red Lobster for lunch, which, shockingly, is one of Dylan's (one of the pickiest eaters I know) favorite restaurants. The kids loved looking at the lobsters in the tank and decided they were all boys since none of them were pretty.


After Red Lobster, we went for a shopping extravaganza all over Austin. The boys went to a cigar shop, Mindy got to experience the wonder of Francescas and we went to a play therapy store in south Austin.
Once we got home, Brian wanted to make hot tea, and the kids decided that even though they've never had it, it sounded like something they should have too. So Brian made one cup of hot tea for the kids, who said it tasted like hot water. Since we drained the last of the milk with our Crunch Berries that morning, Brian then proceeded to sweeten it with sprinkles. So, even though they thought it tasted incredible, it looked like a black gooey mess. Yummm...it was really cute though because they were so into making hot tea, which unless you live in Europe, is pretty much a grown up drink.


If you look closely, you can see the yummy goodness of "sweet hot tea"

Saturday night the boys made some mean fajitas and Mindy made some tasty margaritas and we had another porch night of talking and laughing.
Sunday was church, which I love watching the kiddos singing. Mackenzie sat next to me and grabbed my hand several times while we were singing. So cute! After a yummy lunch at Chilis, and the kids were down for their nap, Mindy and I headed to High School Musical 3!! I don't know why the boys didn't want to go, it was classic greatness and horrible cheesiness all in one and I can't wait to see it again!
We had so much fun this weekend and are so blessed to have such great friends. Brian and I talked on the way home how great it is that Brian grew up with Brandon and after almost 10 years of friendship with both of them, we are still so close, even though we don't see each other all of the time. Every time we get together it is like no time has passed at all. I'm so happy that my kids are going to have the Kennedy kids to show them the ropes and hang out with, even though Brandon can't wait to get back at us for making their kids crazy every time we get together. We love you guys so much and can't wait to see you again!
Here's some more pictures from the weekend:
Me and Madison

Brian and Dylan
Old BFFs rock! (Notice Kenzie grabbing onto my jeans during the picture. It was so sweet. Love that kid.)

Mommy and Mackenzie (otherwise known as Mommy and Mini-Mommy)

2 comments:

Andrea said...

So fun! Sounds like you had an incredible weekend w/your BFF and family, complete with pictures as proof! I'm with the kids--I always thought ANY flavor of hot tea simply tasted like hot water; then I started sweetening it and now I love hot tea! But sprinkles?? Hmmm. Oh well, necessity IS the mother of invention, after all!

Becca said...

I wish I could have been there!! I love all of you very much!!!