Sunday, September 7, 2008

Dear Heavenly Uterus...

I just wanted to take a few minutes and thank everyone for their love and support the last few days. Brian told me to finish The Shack on Friday, since I was staying home with my feet up all day, waiting for the call. For those of you who haven't read it, READ IT! It is a life changing, relationship changing book, that will make you look at our Lord in a totally different way. And if there's anything that you are going through right now that you are seeking the will of God, or wondering why this is happening to you, it may not clear it all up for you, but it will defintely bring you comfort.


So, I finished The Shack moments before getting the call about my hcg levels, and have spent the rest of the weekend trying to live in the present, trying to find peace in this whirlwind. All of you have left such encouraging emails and comments. I appreciate you all so much. Knowing that I'm not alone during this time means everything and gives me hope that this will turn out well. God has really blessed us with awesome family and friends that have showered us with prayer throughout this whole ordeal.


Even after they had scheduled a trip to the ranch this weekend, after hearing the news and how I was doing with it, Joe and Rachel decided to spend the weekend with us. They came over Friday night and we went out to eat. As Joe was praying, he almost prayed to the Heavenly Uterus. We all snickered and started cracking up laughing as Joe tried to finish the prayer and the waiter stood by waiting to give us the rest of our order. We spent the rest of the night laughing and having fun. Then this weekend, we just laid around, watching season 2 of Arrested Development and eating the food they bought for Bonham. They went to church with us this morning, and I was grateful Rach was holding my hand as we sat through a baby dedication ceremony during service. I know Brian and I would have been okay this weekend, and probably wouldn't have done much differently, but just having you guys here made me feel so much better, and gave me a reason to laugh. We love you guys. Here's a pic of us when we went to Bonham in May to escape Mother's Day.



I go in for the blood test tomorrow morning and will know something Tuesday afternoon. Pray hard for us that my levels are increasing, even just a little bit will give us hope that our baby is growing.

3 comments:

Maggie said...

still praying...

Rachel said...

awww....we love you guys too! you have been there so much for us, that we just can't leave you to wait alone. you were so sad on friday. you'd have dropped everything for me too, and you know it! hoping and praying for good news tomorrow!

Kristen Ballard said...

I know I don't know you very well, but I have heard Maggie say so many great things about you, and I know Brian wouldn't have picked a dud!

I will pray for you and Brian and your precious baby.