Friday, September 19, 2008

Just call me Martha Stewart...

Well, today I finally put up the curtains I made with Rachel's mom while Rachel was on bedrest with invitro! And, I'm super excited!! I think they look so awesome! Kaye, Brian's mom, gave me her old sewing machine. And while it is used, it's a really good one. But aside from a few baby quilts I've made, I haven't really used it in the last five years. I get really nervous to do it myself, (Brian's mom is a master quilter) so I just avoid it til I have to do something. And everytime I pick it up to use it again, I have to reread the instructions on how to thread a bobbin, turn it on, etc. Silly huh? I really love to sew, I always have. Now that we're finally in our dream house and I have a little more free time on my hands I think I really want to get started again. There's several babies being born soon that I need to do baby quilts on, so that's my first step. After I finish all my curtains of course! Brenda helped me set up the curtains for the kitchen and I just need to sew them up. Then I am going to make some for the dining room and our bedroom. But for now, I'm just going to enjoy the view of my backyard through my beautiful curtains! Thanks Mrs. Brenda Cass!!!

3 comments:

A Blessed Wife and Mom said...

Oooohhhh girl, LOVE the curtains. I like to think I can sew, but I don't think I have the endurance for that kid of project! Great job - they are gorgeous!

Andrea said...

Amy, I'm the same way with my sewing machine--how do you load the bobbin again?? My machine usually makes an appearance every time Randy's mom visits--I just save all my projects for her! Your curtains look great, Martha!

Maggie said...

love the curtians... post more pics of the house. its so cute!