Friday, August 29, 2008

Kim

Yesterday, a dear friend of ours decided to take her life at the top of a hotel in downtown San Antonio. Kim dated my "uncle" James (my mom's youngest brother, 3 yrs. older than me) several years ago and has never quite let go of his heart. She suffered from Bipolar disorder and Schizophrenia. Kim was spunky, incredibly small, very very smart and hilarious to be around. She also cared very deeply for my uncle and our family, often bringing a present for everyone, all 40 of us, at Christmas. But she declined in her mental health so quickly these last couple of years. It became too difficult for James to stay so close when her mental state cycled so violently.
So I'm asking tonight that you pray for Kim's soul, sweet Kim's family, and especially for James. He is really taking it hard of course, wishing that there was something that he could have done. Me and Kim in October
James (on the left) and my other uncle Jeff

2 comments:

Maggie said...

that's terrible... so sorry to hear about that.

Anonymous said...

I'm so sorry to hear about your friend. It's so hard to "make sense" of suicide. I hope your family is doing okay through this loss.
I heard that you've got some wonderful news! I'm SO happy for you!