Monday, September 8, 2008

Dear Baby,

What an amazing 11 days it's been since I found out that you are in my tummy! We were able to tell Daddy's family. They were so excited, your Great-Grandad gave you your first present. He gave us the spoon Daddy's Grandma used to feed her kids and your daddy. What a special treat! And Daddy's Aunt Kim sent us a wonderful present in the mail with some special presents for you.

Then we got to go to Disney World with Mommy's parents. They were so excited to hear the news about you! Daddy played a trick on them when we told them about you, and Mommy's mommy fell off her chair!! We had so much fun at Disney World. You didn't get to ride too many rides because you are so tiny, but you got to see some really great stuff and have your picture taken with Mommy and Daddy and Mickey Mouse! We got you a baby Pluto wrapped in a blanket and Mommy's parents got you a snuggly Tigger to remember your first trip to Disney!

All of our family and friends are so happy to hear that you are coming. You know, Mommy and Daddy have been waiting for you for a long time. But now we are worried that you might not be able to stay with us. Just know that I have enjoyed every second I've gotten to be your mommy. Every night before I go to sleep, I rub my belly, even though you are so tiny and can't feel it, and pray that God keep you safe and strong.

Daddy knew how upset I was that we might lose you. He took us outside and showed us the stars. He told us that God put those stars up there for us and that He loves us so much. I cried, thanking God that he gave me such a wonderful husband in your Daddy. Daddy thinks you are so strong and believes that you are going to be just fine! He even bought you your first movie, The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh. Even though you couldn't hear it, we watched it together on the couch last night.

I know you are doing your best to grow and be strong. But I also know that you may hear Jesus's voice telling you to go home with Him. If you do decide you're not ready to come live with us, I don't blame you. If I heard Jesus calling me to go with Him, I don't think I would want to stay. I know you will be in very good hands with Jesus and you will be waiting for your Daddy and me someday.

But if you decide to stay, I want you to snuggle down deep, find the coziest place you can find. Mommy's working really hard to give you everything you need right now, just like I will be doing when you are out of my tummy and resting sweetly in my arms. Remember, Daddy and I love you so much and we can't wait to see you!
Love, Mommy

10 comments:

Lori said...

Oh Amy, you are already an AMAZING MOMMY. praying for you guys...love you.

GlitteryKitchenTable said...

It is way too early in the morning for me to be crying. I love you Amy!!

Andrea said...

What beautiful words from a beautiful person, inside and out. Whether you get to have this baby for just a few moments or a lifetime, he or she is blessed to call you Mommy!

Jake and Tanya Wilson said...

You should have put a warning in the beginning of that post...WARNING, WILL CAUSE YOU TO CRY. We love you Amy!

Maggie said...

still praying...

Anonymous said...

I'm thinking and praying for you, girl!

Anonymous said...

Amy & Brian...you guys are awesome! There is no doubt that ya'll will be the best parents in the world! I'm praying for all three of you! Love ya bunches, Aunt Jeannie

Mindy said...

very well said...i love you

Leilanni said...

Oh, sweet Amy. What an incredible gift you have of seeing God even in the most trying circumstances. Your post made me teary because I hurt for you so much and partly because you helped me understand that our little one we lost last fall heard Jesus' voice calling. What a beautiful picture that I will treasure - thank you for sharing that thought.

I am praying, praying, praying for you and your little one. And, like Lori said - you are already one amazing mommy!!! Hang in there.

Becca said...

you are already the very best mommy in the whole wide world.

I love you!!!!!