Thursday, January 8, 2009

Surreal

I wasn't planning on talking publicly about this just yet, but now I feel like I can take advantage of the situation to let my super faithful prayer warriors start their engines. We have been given the immense blessing of an opportunity to explore a private adoption of a baby due at the end of this month.
You know, just when you are giving speeches about how you are going to lay back, "Let go, and Let God", you get a mouthful of "Hey, I didn't see that coming!".
While we are incredibly excited about the potential blessing this will bring for us, our family and our friends, we are not entering into this process lightly. We always knew adoption was on the horizon for us, we just never anticipated it happening now. Trust me when I say that we are taking this process step by step, trying to listen for the voice of God with every inch.
It will be a long process that will cover a short amount of time, so I will probably not go into it much on here, at least right now. For this time, we are asking you all to approach the throne-room for us and ask solely for the will of God to be made known in this situation. And that you will rejoice with us when we bring our child home, whether that is in less than a month, or when God decides it is time.
I can't thank each and every one of you enough for your constant love and support you've shown Brian and me through this entire process, you are truly God's gift.

6 comments:

Elizabeth said...

Hey Amy, I don't know if you remember me or not but I was good friends with Amanda and Ashlee in high school. I some how came across your blog and have been blog stalking it for a while. I was adopted and wanted you to know what a wonderful thing it is. I have an amazing family that I know was chosen for me by God. I just wanted to know that I will be praying for you guys! Congrats and good luck.

Andrea said...

Praying, praying, praying . . . you know the rest. Love you and Brian both and am confident that God will guide you every step of the way.

Anonymous said...

Amy and Brian, your mom and I love you so much and are so very, very proud of you! We know that God will guide, direct and bless. We are thinking of you every moment and are ready to be grandparents whenever God says okay, whether that is this month, next month, or whenever. We know you will be a great and wonderful blessing to our grandbabies, whenever and however our great God chooses to bring them into our family. We love you.

Anonymous said...

I look up to you so much. So many people should. Paul and i are so blessed to have you and Brian in our lives. :) This year is going to be greatness!!!!

Lori said...

Wow, you guys never cease to amaze me! Praying for you and decisions you have ahead of you. You two are going to be amazing parents when the time comes!

Kiera said...

Just wanted you to know that we are thinking and praying for yall. You're dad told us the situation and we are so thrilled for yall, but know what a incredible decision it truely is. Know that you are in our thoughts and prayers!!!