Tuesday, January 27, 2009

First Kiss Day!

Today is a very special day for two reasons:

#1: Today is my sweet friend Rebecca's birthday! Bec is a super sweet, strong, loving, thoughtful woman who is one of the greatest friends I've ever had. I love you Bec and I hope you have a wonderful day!!
Here's some old school pics of me and Rebecca from college days (I pulled them off my scrapbook, sorry if it's ghetto)....





#2: Today is also a special day, because it is our 9th anniversary of when we started "couplehood". We were friends and "friend-dated" for several months before we made it official. So we always counted our anniversary from the day of our first kiss.
On January 27, 2000, Brian and I were students at Oklahoma Christian University. It had snowed several feet and for the first time ever in school history, they canceled classes. Not because the students couldn't get to class (everyone lived on campus), but because the professors couldn't get there! So Brian and I spent the entire day hanging out with our friends, playing in the snow, and spending some "alone time". Our first kiss was at the duck pond on campus where we usually took lunches and had picnics. It was a really great day, and I am so happy to have spent the last 9 years kissing my man, and can't wait to spend my lifetime kissing him too!
So, now I'm gonna kick it old school and bring out some righteous pics of yours truly and the love of her life!!

Gamma Spring Banquet 2000
First Kiss Day 2000
The first time we won the costume contest...
Homecoming 2000
Gamma Fall Banquet 2000
Spring Sing 2001
Spring Sing 2002
Spring Break trip to San Antonio, 2002
Kansas concert 2002
Gamma Spring Banquet 2003
Winter 2000
Winter 2000
Christmas 1999, Arbuckle Mountains

3 comments:

Mindy said...

Wow....trip down memory lane! Great pictures! Happy Belated First Kiss Day!

Andrea said...

As someone who couldn't even get a date in college, it was so neat for me to see pictures of you and Brian . . . you and Brian . . . you and Brian . . . at all those events! You were clearly made for each other!

Becca said...

I love the post!!! Great pictures! Thanks so much for the Birthday Shout out!!!

I LOVE YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!