Monday, January 5, 2009

A December In Pictures

Here's our December in pictures...

I don't have as many pictures from North Carolina as I wanted to get. But one of the days that we were there, Mom and Dad took us to the Biltmore house, in Asheville, NC. It was amazing, not just because of the sheer enormity of the house, but also because of the beautiful Christmas decorations it was decked out with!!

This is us after the Biltmore, eating our fancy Biltmore desserts, at the nicest McDonalds I've ever seen!




December was also fun because I became a grandmother!! Ha! Here's some pictures of our bunnies, they're even cuter now!!

Lewis really loves the bunnies, gives them kisses constantly!



We went to San Antonio for Christmas for the week. We got to visit with all of our family and get to see my parents again!!
The now-annual Gingerbread house construction.

The six of us took some time and went down to the Riverwalk to do some shopping and eating. We ate at Casa Rio, a really old Mexican food restaurant on the river and enjoyed the Christmas lights.



Let me take a moment to explain what is wrong with Brian's face. Every year at Christmas, to get a laugh from my family, tick me off, not sure why...but Brian shaves his massive and impressive facial hair into some ridonkulous style. Last year was the handlebars. This year, I don't know what happened, he did kind of handlebar mustache, with hooks for sideburns. It was...Harry Holiday

Christmas Eve: You can see only a small part of the madness. Over 40 of us pack into my Nanny's living room and open up presents, have a wrapping paper fight and start cooking the meal for the big day. It was harder for me than I ever expected. This is the third Christmas I've been trying for a child, but the first Christmas out of those 3 that I have doubts to whether or not I will have one by next Christmas. To say one thing about my family, I am so blessed. Not everyone acknowledged how I was feeling outright, but the hugs, the talks, how considerate everyone was for me, I will be eternally grateful for the family God blessed me with.


Christmas Day


I love Aunt Jo!
Harry Holiday and Brianna
James and me

The day after Christmas, most of us met up again for more Mexican food!! Yum! After a couple of other options that could not seat 35 in less than 2 hours, we fell into La Fogata. It was so much fun, we always draw some attention when we all go out somewhere together. But it is one of the things I am most proud of to do. I think it is amazing that there are so many of us and we are all close and make family a priority. I know it means a lot to my grandparents when we are all together, it happens so rarely!!
O.M.G. Brian
My Nanny and Popo are so cute!
My cousins Cyndi and Melissa!!
One pic of the table, you can't really see everyone, some didn't even make it into the picture and about 10 were missing from dinner that night. That gives you an idea of how many of us are there, and how much attention we can draw...

Saturday after Christmas we left and headed home, to take a quick nap and some showers, then pack into the car and head to Joe T Garcias for more Mexican food (yum) and fun night with our best friends. Grant it, we didn't take our coats off all night, because we ate on the patio at Joe Ts, sat outside at Flying Saucer and were outside walking around downtown Ft. Worth. But hey, that's what's great about Texas, right? It may be cold, but not too cold to still have some patio time, right?!



Last week passed in a blur, such a blur, I didn't even have time to whip out my camera!! Brian's brother, Alex came into town, we went to a New Year's party with some friends in Granbury, then went to Brian's mom, (Kaye's) house to shoot fireworks. We spent New Years Day together eating and watching TV. Kaye and I went to Canton, Friday, where I proceeded to get sick with a 24 hour stomach flu. But by Saturday night, I was all better for Mindy and Brandon to come over and have one of our infamous porch nights.

So, if anyone made it all the way to here, thanks! Hope that you enjoyed our December in Pictures!!

1 comment:

Andrea said...

What a great month you had--and I loved the picture of (most) everybody seated at that BIG, LONG TABLE! Draw attention, you?? Ha ha!