Tuesday, December 2, 2008

It's Christmas Time!!

Sick, sick, sick. That's what the last 8 days have been in the Tindell household. But have we let it get us down? No siree!! Friday Brian was awesome enough to help me drag down all of the Christmas decorations and by Saturday night, all of our Christmas decorations were up! Last year we didn't get to decorate since our house was on the market, so this year I'm loving it!
I'll probably get more after Christmas is over (when they're 80% off), so I can get crazy next year!
I'm actually not going to be in town too much this holiday season to enjoy the decorations, which is another reason why I didn't go all out. This weekend I'm traveling to Ft. Riley, Kansas for Camp Cope, a camp that teaches coping skills to children of deployed and/or injured military. It is such a blessing to work with this organization, I'll post more on it another time.
Then next week, Brian, Manda, Paul and I are all traveling to North Carolina to see my parents! I am so excited since this will be the first time all six of us will be out there together. It's going to be great! Then a few days after we get back is Christmas!!
This is my absolute favorite time of year. I love the music, even though its the same song, just redone by different artists over and over and over again. I love the cold air outside, the fire in the fireplace, all the cookies, cakes, peppermint mochas. I love shopping for everyone and I love spending time with my loved ones.
Most of all, it is so awesome that worldwide, people are remembering the birth of Jesus Christ. It is amazing that even though this holiday is extremely commercialized, and everyone is worried about the perfect gift, traveling and parties, we all still stop for one whole day to rejoice over the birth of the Savior of the World. I hope that you are able to take time this holiday season, amongst all the hustle and bustle, traffic and grouchy shoppers, to remember what's really important and that you get to enjoy and love on those closest to you!

Stockings Brian's mom made for us. I'll be adding more to the mantle. We didn't have a fireplace in our last house, so I'm new to mantle decorating. Any tips?!

The Tree and the puppies, they can hardly contain their holiday cheer.

3 comments:

Andrea said...

Love the new layout! So, so sorry that you have been so sick, but why am I not surprised that you haven't let it get you down? And decorating the house for Christmas to boot?! You are something else! Sounds like you have a wonderful holiday season on tap and I'm sure you'll make the most of every single moment! We love you and wish you a merry Christmas!

Maggie said...

never been to the zoo???? What are you doing this coming tues??? Wanna meet us there????

Kristen Ballard said...

You HAVE to go to the zoo, it's greatness. And right now, they have tiger AND lion cubs. SO CUTE.

Love your stockings- we have homemade stockings, too and it makes it so much more special.