Saturday, December 13, 2008

Thankful Thursday #6

I know, it's Saturday. But I am at my parents' house in North Carolina, so there's a time difference, right?
This has been such an awesome week so far. This is the first time my sister and her husband and Brian and I have all been to visit at the same time. It has been so fun all of us living under the same roof. Mom's already getting a little sad because Manda's leaving tomorrow and we're leaving Tuesday. They've been looking forward to this for months and I know that however much it has been a blessing to me to be here, it has meant that much more to them.
So without further ado, here's my thankful list for this week:
1. The 60 degree temperature it was here after we got off the plane. When we boarded in DFW, it was 28 degrees outside. So far, except for some rain Thursday, it has been B-E-A-UTIFUL!!
2. My parents' cat Corky, Brian calls him a Zepplin, he's really fat, has a super tiny head and really long, skinny legs. But he's our Zepplin. He acts like a dog and when we all lived with Mom and Dad he terrorized Lewis. Lewis is still scared of the word Corky, to this day, even though he hasn't seen him in 3 years. Corky crawls into your lap, gets hair all over you, but loves to be pet and played with.
3. Watching my mom bake and cook. She has a certain way of doing things and she loves to teach us how to do stuff. And I'm on my 4th piece of rum cake since yesterday, so I'm pretty sure I'm not going to be loosing any weight this week.
4. My dad. He surprised me with a great thing yesterday. He recently acquired Skype and took us up to church. He then called UKRAINE and got ahold of one of my dear friends, Alonya. So, I was able to video chat with her and her sweet husband, she got to meet my husband and family. It was such a blessing. Daddy also put one of my posts from my blog into his bulletin article and tells everyone to read my blog. Although it is a little embarrassing, it is one of those things that gives me the confidence to write, express myself, and do anything because I know I have one of my biggest fans cheering me on.
5. Being with my family. Last night we watched some old home movies, played games, ate, and laughed, laughed, laughed. It has been the best time getting to hang out just the six of us and I've loved every second. I love my family and I'm so blessed that we were all able to be here together.

No comments: