Tuesday, July 22, 2008

South Padre!!!

We just got back from an incredible week in South Padre with some of my family. It was awesome! We got to take out our sailboat, I got to lay on the beach and get really brown, ate some good food and had a blast with my family. Here are some pics from this past week!

Our sailboat!! It was so happy out on the ocean. The waves were soft and the wind was just enough. It was almost silent out on the boat. One of the times that we took it out, Brian and I saw dolphins! There were about 10 of them, including a baby dolphin! They jumped and swam around the boat, close enough to touch and one even swam in between the hulls of the boat and took a look at us! It was great! I was so proud of my aunts and all my cousins, even the little ones went out on the boat!!


Every night we cooked dinner and hung out at the condo. One night we had a dance party! It was so fun! Another night we went and took sunset pictures on the bay.

My cousin Rusty

Cyndi and me doing our best gangsta pose

My Aunt Jo "dancing" with Brian

Sunset picture of the Tindells...that was picture 5 of 8 that Brian ruined. Honestly, why do I bother...

Some more of my cousins doing their best gangsta pose...and Brian...doing his...best...gangsta...nevermind.

Me, Cyndi and Rusty...we are three of the first set of Long grandchildren. There's 14 grandchildren and 7 great-grandchildren. Most of you know my mom's the 2nd oldest of 9 children...so this is only a small percentage of the whole bunch!

We also went and saw the sea turtles conservation center. Last year, Brian and I happened upon the baby sea turtle release early one morning when we were out fishing. These guys are so big and really make me think to be careful with my trash and where I dispose of things...its amazing how just a helium balloon could affect a sea turtle 7 hours from where I live!


My cousins Tyler and Kaitlyn feeding "Crush", remember "Finding Nemo"??

On our last day, Brian and I threw a line over the side of the boat and I caught a 2 ft long Spanish Mackeral!! I could barely touch it, let alone gut it and stuff, but it was by far the biggest fish I'd ever caught!!! And it tasted really yummy all fried up!

Then in the next run, my cousin Jake caught almost the exact same fish!! Awesome!
I'll have to fill you in on my special souvenir tomorrow...here's some pics of the after trip in San Antonio.

My Popo being silly

Guitar Hero rocks!!

Nanny making my Great-Nanny's homemade pound cake recipie! Yummy!!

My Nanny's so ghetto-fabulous...

My cousin Shaughn and his sweet baby Celeste

My baby cousins Brianna and Celeste...so cute!!

My uncle James and our parrot Tom-Tom

Brian and the kiddos, all of my family loves him so much, especially the kids. I'm so blessed! Thanks for sticking through all these pictures, I love my family so much and feel so blessed to be have such a big family that I'm so close to!

No comments: