Thursday, July 3, 2008

Best week ever!!!

So, if last week was a little sad and pathetic, this week has been just the opposite! Thank you God for blessing me with this week! Here's a rundown of what's been going on:


Saturday night:

We took Brian's mom to the Fort Worth Symphony Concert in the Botanical Garden, laser light/firework show for her birthday/mother's day present. After sitting in the car in the parking lot for an hour and a half, waiting out the massive storm that went through the area, we got to go in. Yeah, we had to sit under umbrellas (ella, ella, hey, hey hey) and it was a recording of the symphony, but it was AMAZING!! Here's a pic:



Sunday: HAIRSPRAY!!


Jody and Kaycee Thornton, a family that my family has been friends with all my life, decided to give me free tickets to Hairspray. Kaycee had gotten them for Christmas, but couldn't go because she wouldn't be back in time from Opp Camp, so they gave them to Rachel and me, since they know what crazy Hairspray friends we are. It was AWESOME! The chorus was fantastic, the performers were incredible, the seats were great (14th row!). We are totally blessed! Here's a pic of us right before they came and took my camera...





Monday:


Our best friends from Austin were in town visiting their families for the 4th, and haven't seen our house yet. So Brandon and Mindy came over and we had mexican food on the patio at Ayala's, dollar margaritas, then went back to our house and talked for about 5 hours. All of us except for Brian were on vacation...sorry Brian! It was so fun and felt so good to be with a couple who has stuck with us through a lot of good and bad. Here's a pic of Brian and Brandon, then Mindy and I, (could you tell we're excited?)






Tuesday:


Met Rachel and Heather, the girl from my support group who got her embryos implanted last week, for lunch and a movie. You can't hate on Fish n Chips and Baby Mama! If you haven't seen Baby Mama, you MUST go see it. Brian says it helps us laugh off the hurt of infertility...



Wednesday:


Yesterday was just what I needed. Rebecca, my other best friend, her mom and Hadley, her sweet baby girl, came out to see my house with Mindy, her three kiddos and Kim, Mindy's mom. I love these kids like they are my own, so it was so great to get to play with them and love on them. We went to three of my favorite places in Granbury: my house, Maurice's (a rockin clothing store) and the feach (fake beach). We wrapped it all up with SNOCONES! It took Bec coming in for me to finally get my first snocone of the season. Thanks Bec, for sharing my ridiculous passion for snocones...

It felt so good to get to be with these two girls and their families. Mindy and Bec, you guys are my constants (thanks for the word Min). I know it's been hard to know what to say to me, but just knowing you guys are praying for me and thinking of me means everything. I love you both tons! It was really hard to see them go, I didn't realize how much I needed to see them. But then I got an awesome surprise! Brandon was driving in to hang out with Brian and he picked up Mindy somewhere by Kaye's house and brought her back. So we had another great night of eating and talking and laughing on the porch. I love you guys. Here's some pics from yesterday:





Dressing room fun at Maurice's


Hadley at the Feach! Adorable swimsuit!


Dylan, Maddie and Kenzie swimming. And not one of the 3 of us brought our suits...no worries, if one of the kids got too far out or started to drown, I was going to sacrifice my semi-dry clothes since I live the closest...

I love these girls!

Today I get a break to clean my house, then we have family coming in for the 4th festivities! So it looks like the fun doesn't stop here folks! Thanks for all of your thoughts, prayers and sweet comments and emails, I'm truly blessed to have such amazing friends and family! Happy 4th!

5 comments:

GlitteryKitchenTable said...

Yea for friends! Looks like tons of fun! I'm so glad you have a blog now Amy! Although it really makes me miss you a lot-we haven't hung out really in years-sad! One of these days! :)

Maggie said...

sounds so fun!

Kristen Ballard said...

I met you at Maggie's baby shower a million years ago. I was in Brian's class at SCS from 1st grade to senior year.
I just had to send an encouraging word after reading your posts (got to yours through Maggie's blog). I really liked the way you wrote about not being on "that team". That is a good way to put it. In all your pictures you look so sweet and fun, God will bless you!! Keep up the faith, and I look forward to the day I check your blog with a sonogram picture on it!!!
Kristen Ballard

Becca said...

Amy, I love your blog! You are so sweet. I just love you to pieces!!! It was so great to see you but it made me miss you so much. When are you going to come and see me???

oh, by the way, THANK YOU for sharing the snocone passion! I LOVE IT!!!

LOVE YOU TONS!

Sabra said...

Your blog is just like you - too much fun! The only way you could improve it is to have more pictures of Hadley :>

I miss seeing your smiling faces behind us in church, it's not the same without you and Brian.

Love you lots - Sabra (HM)