Sunday, December 21, 2008

Content

Our blessed dogs woke me up at 7:30 this morning. Usually we're up by then for early service at church, but this morning, our church combined services for a Christmas service. We also didn't have class, so Brian and I were really looking forward to sleeping late. But alas, the blessed dogs woke me up at 7:30 this morning. 
After letting them outside with temps at 23 degrees, I crawled back in bed. By this time, Brian was awake, but after both dogs decided they needed to climb into bed with us, we made an executive decision that we were NOT going to wake up yet. We still had about 2 good hours worth of sleep. 
So with Brian in the middle of the bed, me on his left and both dogs on his right, we had a Tindell family snuggle. Brian and the dogs tried to fall asleep, but I couldn't. Partly because I'm my father's child. Once I'm awake, I'm awake. But also because I was enjoying myself. For two hours I just laid there petting my dogs and getting my back scratched by my hubby. And I felt completely content. 
Sure, I would have loved to have a baby or two up there with us, but the thought of that nagged me for a milisecond and then I went back to feeling completely content again. It was such a blessed way to start my day, I couldn't help but think of it and thank God for it as all 700 of us worshiped this morning in our church gym.  What a great way to start this awesome week of eating, laughing, sharing and thanking God for his most precious gift of all!!

1 comment:

Andrea said...

I'm not even a dog person but that sounds, if I may borrow your phrase, "heavenly!" I'm like you--once I'm awake I'm awake--but knowing you didn't have to be anywhere just yet . . . aaahhhh!